Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yes, Virginia, there is a writer here...

I'd say welcome back to my blog, but some of you probably visit it more than I do.

Anyway, I'm in the process of redesigning the thing to better reflect the type of book I'm writing now. (Yes, I've been lured over to the light side.) My WIP--soon to be finished--is a funny mystery. At least I hope it's funny. My protagonist is a sarcastic, irreverent, six-foot-tall, red-headed, divorced police secretary, who attempts to solve the murder of the police chief. Her efforts are hindered by her pink Cadillac-driving mother, her ex-husband who happens to be her new boss, the mayor who wants to keep the investigation secret, and the hunky newcomer restoring the local hotel.

I still haven't come up with a title, so I may be asking for help with that. Maybe a contest!

I'll be tweaking the blog design over the next few weeks, so let me know how you like it, and what you'd like to see on here.

4 comments:

Annette said...

Okay, first: Welcome back to your blog, Joyce. I thought you'd abandoned it completely for Twitter! Secondly, for a moment I was convinced I'd landed on the wrong page. Wow! PINK!

And thirdly, I happen to know you HAVE a title for the book and it's hysterical. Too bad it would never, ever sell at WalMart! Heh.

Joyce Tremel said...

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of the pink, but Irma Jean would like it.

Using That Effing Book is tempting, but you're right. It would never fly at WalMart. Or many other places.

Anonymous said...

That pink is disgusting. I suddenly have the craving for Pepto Bismol. Love, your eldest son.

Joyce Tremel said...

Eldest son: Irma Jean says, "Y'all just get over it."