Friday, January 29, 2010

The Dumb Get Dumber

Every once in awhile something comes up that I just can't help writing about. Sometimes it's an exciting event. Many times it's something that really pissed me off. Once in awhile it's something cute. Most of the time, however, it's something that makes me just shake my head and laugh.

Like this. Go ahead and read it. I'll wait.

Cue Jeopardy music.

Okay. Are you laughing as hard as I am?

I've long been of the opinion that the PETA people are nuts, but this definitely proves it. I mean, really. A robotic groundhog???

Punxsutawney Phil is the most famous animal in Pennsylvania. He has a website. There are 52 chapters worldwide that celebrate Phil and Groundhog Day. You can even eat breakfast and get your picture taken with Phil. There's even been a film called Groundhog Day (one of my favorite movies).

I'd bet that Phil is cared for better than most animals. Hell, probably better than most children. I wouldn't be surprised if Phil brings more income to the town of Punxsutawney than all the businesses there put together. I'm sure they take good care of their little moneymaker.

The PETA people are definitely suffering from HUYAS.*

Here's one of my favorite scenes from the movie Groundhog Day.




*HUYAS--Head Up Your Ass Syndrome

No comments: