Friday, November 06, 2009

Kreativ Blogger, or Annette, I Thought You Were My Friend!



My good friend, Annette Dashofy has passed a Kreativ Blogger Award on to me. Annette is a fantastic writer, an excellent roommate at conferences, and just an all-around terrific person. Be sure to check out her blog today--there's a really cute photo posted. Although Annette may have had an ulterior motive in nominating me (to get me to actually write a blog post!) I thank her anyway!
The rules for accepting the award are simple:
1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog.
3) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
4) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
5) Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6) Notify your 7 bloggers.

I got one and two out of the way. I'm not sure anyone really wants to know 7 things about me, but here goes.
1. I'll be married 30 years in August 2010. (Yes, I'm REALLY old.)
2. I won a lot of spelling bees in grade school.
3. When my cousin, Debbi, and I were about 13, we'd go around talking in a British accent. (I have no idea why.)
4. I used to play guitar.
5. When I was a "wee tot" I had an imaginary friend named "Sac Lac." Don't ask. I don't know.
6. I love Big Band music.
7. When my kids played dekhockey, I scored two goals in the kids vs. parents game. (I even had my own hockey stick with hot pink tape on the handle.)
Wow. It was hard coming up with those! Now for my blogger nominees.

The Graveyard Shift. Former cop and all-around good guy, Lee Lofland, tries his best to keep all of us writers on the straight and narrow. Just don't say the word "cordite" around him.

The Kill Zone. TKZ is a group blog featuring Clare Langley-Hawthorne, Kathryn Lilley, Joe Moore, Michelle Gagnon, John Gilstrap, John Ramsey Miller, and James Scott Bell. Most of the time, the topics are writing related but even when they're not, I always learn something new.

Poe's Deadly Daughters, another group blog. This one features mystery writers Sandra Parshall, Julia Buckley, Darlene Ryan, Sharon Wildwind, Lonnie Cruse, and Elizabeth Zelvin. An excellent place to hang out!

That's Church. This blog is written by Virginia Montanez, formerly the anonymous Pitt Girl. Ginny writes about anything and everything that has to do with Pittsburgh. Sometimes rude, sometimes crude, but always hilarious.

I'm going to mention the last three blogs, but not notify the recipients. I'd hate to clog up their inboxes when they should be strictly for the queries of struggling writers. I'd hate for some poor writer's query to bounce because I sent a Kreativ blogger award notice and the mailbox was full. Hey, just trying to do my part for writers everywhere.

The final three:

Janet Reid, Literary Agent. I love, love, love Janet Reid. I only wish I could entice her to see the error of her ways and take me on as a client.

Bookends, LLC--A Literary Agency. Jessica Faust always has something worthwhile to say about writers and the publishing industry.

Nathan Bransford - Literary Agent. Nathan always has good advice. And usually hundreds of comments. 

So, that's it. Go check out those blogs!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Yay! She's blogging! And I am indeed your friend because I intentionally didn't tag The Graveyard Shift or That's Church so that you could.