Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Got Beer?


So, this is what our sunroom looked like this past weekend. You know how some people do Cookie Exchanges? Well, we do a Beer Exchange.

Forget Black Friday. On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we head over to Save On Beer where we select 24 cases of imported beer. I'm sure Discover Card loves us. Can you imagine someone at the credit card company reviewing purchases? "Hey Ralph, you wouldn't believe what these people just bought!"

After loading up the RAV 4, we drive home very carefully. I always think about what a mess it would be if someone rear-ended us on the way home. Not to mention explaining the beer smell to the police.

The next day, we take all the beer out of the cases, then each case gets one bottle of each flavor of beer. After that, we send out an email announcing the Annual Beer Exchange. Anyone who wants to participate buys a case and (usually) picks it up at our house. And if there are any cases left over, well, we're not going to complain.

Here are some more glorious photos. Notice our cat, Layla, "guarding" the beer.




3 comments:

Annette said...

Gosh, it really makes me wish I were a beer drinker.

Then again, that stuff you introduced me to in Baltimore wasn't half bad...

Kathryn Lilley said...

Very cute kitty, Joyce! I don't drink beer. Now, if you had a wine exchange, I'd be on the next plane!

Joyce said...

Kathryn, I should have you talk to my sister. She goes out to Napa just about every year for the wine.

And Layla says thanks for the compliment. She likes to be cute.