Monday, October 06, 2008

Baltimore Bound!


On Wednesday, Annette Dashofy and I are heading for Baltimore for my first major mystery shindig, Bouchercon. Three and a half days of mystery related panels, famous authors, not so famous authors, editors, agents, and fans should make for a fabulous (and exhausting!) time. We're even taking a ghost tour on Friday evening, which should be interesting, although I really don't expect to meet up with any ghosts. I've been on several Gettysburg ghost tours and have yet to see one, and Gettysburg is supposed to be one of the most haunted places around. (The Bouchercon hotel is only a few blocks from Poe's grave, so maybe he'll be compelled to make an appearance.)

The only other thing that I have scheduled is the Sisters in Crime luncheon, which includes the election of officers for 2009. Oh, and as a member of SinC, I'll be volunteering for an hour in the hospitality suite, encouraging people to join this important organization. The history geek in me is hoping to make a quick visit to Fort McHenry (of Star Spangled Banner fame), although with all the good panels to check out, I don't think I'll have that much time.

Only two days to go--I guess I'd better start packing!

3 comments:

jody stuart said...

Have a great time, Joyce. I know you'll pick up lots of useful info.
As for the Gettysburg Ghost Walks... Deb (Officer Deb) and I have done a few and never seen anything either. At least, not while we were on the walks. If you really want to catch the action, come with us sometime after the battlefield 'closes'. We've had some very interesting experiences.

Joyce said...

Hey Jody!

That would be so cool!

Annette said...

Joyce, I didn't take the Gettysburg Ghost Walk the one time we were there and I didn't see any ghosts, but I sure FELT them. That ground is definitely haunted.

See ya Wednesday!