Wednesday, April 25, 2007

As Time Goes By

Yes, I know I stole that title, but it seemed appropriate.

I realized today that I hadn't posted anything for awhile. You'll have to forgive me, though, because I've been working on THE BOOK. I'm trying to get this damned first draft finished. My goal is June 1st, even if it kills me. I know exactly what needs to happen in the next 70 or so pages so I'm hoping it goes easier than I think it will.

I also redid my website. I think it looks a little more professional than the old site. It'll do for now, anyway.

I'll be pretty busy over the next several weeks. On Monday, May 7th, I'll be helping with the Festival of Mystery that Mystery Lovers Bookshop has every year. I'll also be on a panel at the Pennwriters Conference the weekend of May 18th-20th. The panel is on finding an agent and I'll be joined by fellow writers Rebecca Drake, Annette Dashofy, and Meryl Neiman. We all found our agents in different ways and I think we have a lot of good info to share.

3 comments:

Judy Schneider said...

Joyce, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the conference. Good luck on the panel. I'm sure you'll be helpful to all in attendence.

I wish you the best in finishing the novel, too. It seems like a big bonus to, at least, know where you're headed. Take it a couple of pages at a time. How well I can relate to your struggles.

Have a great weekend!

Annette said...

Go, Joyce, Go!!!

Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of each other in May! The panel is going to be a blast. For us anyway. I hope the folks attending get something out it, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce....Sounds like you are off and running, forging ahead. Hope the Festival of Mystery went well. Tell us about that and your experience on the panel when you return from the Pennwriters Conference. Enjoy and learn!
Your sister...Amy