Friday, January 12, 2007

The Wait Begins

Well, it's off. My manuscript, that is. I finished my revision and mailed it to my agent yesterday. So now the wait begins. My agent plans on submitting to five publishing houses, then waiting for a response before submitting to the next five.

Fortunately I have plenty to do while I wait. As soon as I finish posting this, I'm getting back to writing the second book, Buried Lies. I'm looking forward to it. I really like this story. The plot is more complicated and it has more layers than Lost Summer, not to mention a cool subplot. Being away from it for a month helped me to figure out where I needed to go with it next. Definitely a good thing.

I'm hoping I'll be so involved with Summer's life over the next weeks that I won't notice the passing of time as I wait to hear from my agent. I don't think that's too unrealistic, do you?

5 comments:

Annette said...

Congratulations, Joyce!

In my case, I get busy with life and writing and forget that I'm waiting (and waiting and waiting...) and then it hits me that it's been quite a while. Panic! I start wondering what it means that I haven't heard anything. Is that good? Is it bad?

And basically it means that no news is...well...no news.

May the news at the end of your wait be all good.

Joyce said...

Thanks, Annette!

Now if I could just remember what that next scene was supposed to be, I'll be okay!

ORION said...

I totally agreed with you about writers conferences on rejecter's blog.
I have been in your position and know the agony of waiting.
Waiting for agents.
Waiting for submissions.
Waiting for editors.
It never stops!
Always waiting. Good luck!

Joyce said...

Orion, thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

Love your patience, persistence, and talent....not to mention that you are a great sister.....Amy