Thursday, April 27, 2006

Life or Death

I just caught the end of a news blurb on the radio that once again convinced me that our legal system is out of control. Apparently there's a convict on death row somewhere who is suing because his future lethal injection might cause pain if it wears off and he happens to wake up. Now, I give the guy credit for coming up with something so inane, but it boggles my mind that an actual court is considering this. What is wrong with these people??? The guy is on death row. He killed somebody. I doubt if he cared if he caused his victim pain. I don't care if he feels anything. If he's afraid of waking up, give him a double dose!

It amazes me almost as much as the Moussaoui jury still deliberating whether he should get life in prison or the death penalty. How much more evidence do they need? Not only do they have the cockpit recordings from Flight 93, they have him saying in his own words that he was glad and he hopes it happens again. Personally, I think lethal injection is too good for him.

Don't get me wrong. I don't believe in the death penalty for every case, but some crimes are so heinous that the perpetrator deserves to die. I did a lot of research on serial killers for my first book. Most of them deserve the death penalty. Anyone who murders a child deserves the death penalty. Most of these killers have no remorse and they'd do it again if they had the chance. They should never be given that opportunity.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Go, Joyce, go!
My recent research into serial killers and the criminal mind has also really affected how I view our justice system, and I couldn't agree with you more.
Kristine